Sunday, December 11, 2011

2 Year Olds, Comdians, and Wine on a School Night...

Hi!

Well. Am late. Like way late. I have a few good, little reasons, but I'll get to those in a sec. Also, the last few Sunday evenings have been stinkin' hot.
And I really don't want a repeat of when my computer overheated and died and I had to buy a whole new hard drive because I'd lost most of my stuff. Yes, good thing for back-up hard-drives, but it just seems easier not to write when A) There's not much to shout about and B) It's too hot, don't want the wee computer to die. Or don't want you to die of boredom..........! But we're here now, it's actually a rather damp and cool afternoon thanks to the monsoons that blew through earlier today..... No strange show tunes radio show because I can't take it anymore and the groovy jazz tunes aren't on yet. There are a few twittering birds out there, mainly blabbing crows, but it's nothing compared with the last few summers and the screeching lorikeets....... But boy they're all sure chatty in the mornings before my alarm! But I do still have the cool, stand-by glass of white wine - life is good!

So work. Yep. It's pretty good. Busy, which is even better. Everyone has ADD because it's getting close to Xmas and people are getting ready to take a bit o
f time off. Me, am only taking the 3 days that we have no choice but to take off. Otherwise am saving my vacation time for a better (and cheaper) time of year. And I still don't mind work so it doesn't really bother me. Am just looking forward to the nearly week & 1/2 of [paid] freedom so I can get stuff done! Hooray! And am still really pretty happy in my adoptive department and they seem happy to have me still. We're currently going through our Annual Performance Reviews.... yawn. All I know is I want a raise because I haven't had one yet and it's been over a year now. The Boss and I are due to have our "chat" on Tuesday. Wish me luck! But really, honestly, they could keep paying me whatever and I'd just be happy to have the work. Well, within reason. We'll see what happens! Fingers crossed! Otherwise, work is good.

And then there were a few weekends in th
ere......... And from memory they were, for the most part, pretty boring. Saturdays have been chill-out days where not much aside from laundry got done. Naps were had. Sunday some of the chores got done, but even then it wasn't every Sunday..... Oh, I know, it's all coming back to me now......... last Sunday I went out and met my friend Dom who I haven't seen in months and months. We ended up staying out a bit late and having too many wines for a school night...... yeah, thaaaaat's right...... That's why I didn't check in last weekend. And the weekend before I was out all afternoon trying to get Xmas presents sorted and in the mail...... And I can only handle so many hours in shops before my brain (and temper) short-circuits. So by the time I got home I certainly wasn't fit to write about it. I hate shopping at the best of times, which is why I thought getting in early would save some of my sanity as opposed to waiting until crunch time. I think it kind of worked. Oh - and the Sunday before the last few I went to go see one of my all-time favorite comedic heroes Eddie Izzard with some friends. What an awesome show that was! I wish I had a better memory or a better wizz-bang phone/camera thingy. Either way, it was a fantastic show and if you like his sort of brand of humor, I highly recommend going to see him. So yeah, thaaaaat's what I did with the last few weekends. That explains why I haven't been able to check in on a Sunday evening. Turns out they were all pretty good reasons after all! Oh, and this weekend was also pretty good - yesterday I managed to bust out all the chores and get all the laundry dry before the storms blew in. And today I headed over to Jason and Clare's (our pizza and games night hosts) for their son Rhys's second birthday. He's a cute kid. Very smiley, quiet, easy-going. There were hot dogs and cake and all kinds of other junk food, including wine. It was a fantastic afternoon. Then a storm blew through cooling the afternoon off (didn't matter to the kids on the slip n' slide tho!) and signaled our time to go. That and one of the little ones was parked on the couch with a bucket as he'd had way too much junk food and running around for his delicate tummy. Poor little guy. So other than a man down with a junk food hangover, the afternoon was pretty good! Which brings us to now.......!

So yes, all is well. Summer is being strange in that it was stinkin' hot and humid a couple of weeks ago and now we're having the storms. Usually it's the other way around........ Huh. Not complaining tho because the storms cool everything down. But, no matter what, am stocked up on candles as every season the power goes out at least 5 or 6 or more times. Sensitive power grids they have down here......... And here's hoping we don't have the disastrous flooding that we had last year........!?

So there you are. Not too exciting. December and January are my big bill months - car payment and registration, rent and contents insurance all come out within a couple weeks of each other and that adds up to nearly two grand........ So yes, a couple of quiet months until the Adventures get going again. Will keep you posted! So far there's nothing on the Adventure Calendar for next year, will have to get planning. No matter what, there will be an Adventure for mah birthday, tho not sure where to go this year......... Maybe, vacation time willing, will head to Uluru like I've been meaning to since before I got here...... Hmmmm..... Will get planning! Otherwise, I hope you're all well up there! When I say drop a line and let me know how things are going up there I bloody well mean it! I wonder how everyone is and hope everyone's happy and well and planning their next vacation to come down thisaway! Ok, so not now during summer, but March is a good time to start the Adventures.......... Am just sayin'!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...