Monday, May 16, 2011

Amadeus with a Million Paws...

Hi!

Well. Here we are. Monday evening........ Sorry am late. I was rea
llyreally tired last night and the powers of writing anything that would've made sense or been remotely interesting was too far beyond me. But here we are - the evening is lovely and cool, the birds are feeling the chill of Autumn and aren't as chatty as they usually are. Although there is no strange show tunes radio show, I do happen to have groovy jazz tunes courtesy of my fancee pants HDTV - ABC Radio has a streaming Jazz channel that goes 24/7 - sweeeet! But I do have the lovely cool glass of white wine, tonight it's Wolf Blass Semillon Sav Blanc, eh, it's not bad, kinda sweetish..... still looking for the perfect white wine....... 'Course now that it's cooled off a bit, could be time to dust off the reds again...!

So. Work. Yep, is good. Still without a whole heck of a lot to be doing. The folks that give me bids to do have threatened to give me something by the end of the month but that's as much detail as they've given so far. Hmmm. And the response that I helped another group of folks do a couple weeks ago had much success with their presentation to the customer - which is a good start! Fingers crossed we can make it to the next stage.....! And the guy in charge said he's got me penciled in to help with anything else that comes through for it. Coooooool! Otherwise, all's well, just wish I had a bit more real editing to do. Must say am kinda bored with updating the website....... The other day I thought I killed it as the whole thing wouldn't load properly. But it worked today and that's all that matters! Whew!

And then the weekend, it was pretty good for a change! Friday was pretty
quiet, watched a movie (because TV these days really just sucks) and stayed up way too late for some reason...... And Saturday just did the laundry..... couldn't be bothered doing much else really. Went to the theatre in the evening with my friend Jan to see Amadeus, it was actually pretty good. I was terrified that it was going to be some crappy student production, tho am not sure why I thought that....... It started out a bit artsy and wacky, and I have a really low tolerance for artsy wacky in major theatre productions…. But it came right and turned out to be really good. Then afterwards we had a small dinner at the Lyrebird Restaurant (it's adjacent to all of the theatres) like civilized folk and was home by 12.30am - it was a really nice night out. Hooray for culture!

And then Sunday I met up with Jan again and her pup Milo (soooooooooo cute - he's a cross of two small cream colored dogs, like a Maltese and a Shih Tzu soooo cute) and her brother's Labrador Lacey and took them for the RSPCA's Million Paws Walk - it was fun. I love being around all those happy pups - makes me want one! I went with Jan and her family a couple of years ago and it was such a good day out and for a really good cause. So by the time I got home from that I was absolutely beat for some reason. I think staying up too late and getting up too early all weekend that by Sunday it caught up with me. Gettin' ooooooold!

So that was why I was unable to check in on time. But I did manage to watch a few good movies - Paperback Hero - a very Australian film from the late 90's with Hugh Jackman who plays a truck driver (or rather road train - they'r
e huuuuuge) who's written a romance novel and, embarrassed, uses his friend's name as the author and it goes from there..... it was very cute and I wish they'd make more like it. Also watched Away We Go a really good film by Sam Mendes about a couple getting ready to have their first kid and they decide to move to a new city to start their new life but can't figure out which city to pick.... They visit Phoenix, Tucson, Madison, Montreal....... I quite liked it. And started to watch True Grit last night but fell asleep half an hour into it, which was a shame because I love Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and the young lead gal, I was really liking it so far! Will finish it tonight........

And that's about that. Pretty good weekend and the weather was lovely. Cool in the mornings but warm and bright during the day. See, 8 months or so of the year when it's not summer the place is awesome. And really, the summers here, while hot and humid, they're not that bad I suppose........ At least it's usually sunny most of the year! This summer was especially wet, as you saw from the floods and storms, but it's not usually that bad. So from now until November or so, feel free to c'mon down! The weather's perfect - it'll be fun!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...