Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend of Yawns

Hi!

Well. That week went by fast. Which is good, but kinda bad in that it just makes the weekend go by fast too. Saturday I did nothing. I had absolutely no energy. If they were giving away bags of money and trips around the world, and all I'd had to do was walk down to the middle of Queen Street to collect my prize, I couldn't have done it. It was all I could do to move from the couch to the kitchen to get more water or tea. I don't know what it was, but all I had the energy to do was watch TV. And I never do that on the weekends, especially during the day. All day I watched movies or travel shows. Travel shows are very dangerous I've realised. They give me ideas I could never hope to afford.


Ironically, there was a Travel Expo on at the Convention Centre all this weekend. So I hauled myself down there today (having rested up all of yesterday!). Well. All that was was a bunch of airlines and travel agencies handing out glossy brochures. Which, incidentally, had no prices in them. I guess if you had to ask you couldn't afford it. But I did manage to walk out with some info about trips out to the Outback and some little reusable bags (like for groceries or whatever). Cool. Entered a contest for a trip to the Outback for a week. Cool. But when I went to turned in my little coupon, the box was stuffed full. Hmmmm. Oh well. You can't win if you don't play!

And that was it. Nada. Nothing. Had no energy. I think it was because it was a really stressful week at work (am doing the jobs of 3 people after all) and the A/C is out again at work, with no cross-breeze to speak of and a pregnant gal who needs the fan more than me. Maybe I'll take a day off this week......

So unfortunately, no adventures were had. I don't really count going to the Convention Centre to collect hundreds of travel brochures an adventure, even tho it had the potential for adventure. If I had bought a trip or a cruise, now, that would've been an adventure.

And the weather has been rainy, in that annoying off and on kinda way, so I haven't been out to ride the little scooter much. Which is a shame. But an even bigger shame would be me splattered along a rain-drenched road because I'm not that good at riding it yet. Hopefully this week the clouds will go back to New Zealand where they belong!


And that's that! Short and sweet and dull. Ahhhh well, I'll have a look through these Outback brochures and start coming up with some ideas......! Well, I hope you're all well up there!

BYE!
J!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kona looks like he found a cool spot! I love the pic you took of the rooftops with the mist. Looks neat. Am glad you chose not to splat yourself on the street in the rain! Lol, you'll be a pro in no time. Love, KT:)

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...