Sunday, January 14, 2007

Scootin' Away From The Stooges!!!

Hi!

Well. That was a busy but good week. Quit that job with the 3 Stooges! Hooray! And now getting myself ready for the new gig. Fingers crossed it's ok. It's a bit of a commute, so to help solve that little dilemma, not only did I get my Queensland Drivers License (didn't even have to take a test, they just transferred my NZ license, paid a fee and that was that! Excellent!) but I got the scooter!!!!!!! Yeeeaaaaaa! Finally! It's very exciting. But I do have to say, man, cars are sure big. And they move pretty fast. Fortunately you can't go too fast in traffic in the middle of town (where I'd ride it mainly). I love it. Am taking my time getting used to everything, like traffic and one-way roads that end at a freeway entrance, and how things all work. Won't be riding it to the new job this week, not until I figure out where it is and how to get there!!!!! So am going to be a big wuss and ride the bus until I get my bearings. But, hooray! Am pseudo-mobile!!!!!!!! And no, I can't take anyone for rides as it's built for one, une, uno, ME and I'm nervous enough as it is keeping myself on it, let alone 2 people. So there!




The apartment lease is up here in a couple of weeks.... Not sure if I'll renew it yet. Now that I have an additional leach to the bank account (but it's such a cool and useful leach!), I'd kinda like to move to a cheaper spot. Am looking. But again, these damn real estate agencies only have showings 9-5, M-F. So dumb. Tho, in saying that, managed to find a little house for rent in a nice neighbourhood for cheap-ish and they had a showing yesterday. So went with Cindy and had a look. Ahhhhhh, it was nice. Well, not nicenice, but nice. Big. Amazing view. Older house. 3 bedrooms, yard, garage, etc. Not a stick of furniture or even a fridge (the only thing you get here is a stove). So that would mean I'd actually have to start acquiring furniture........ Ahhh well, it's $30 bucks cheaper a week than where I'm at now, plus a yard for Kona to hunt things in. So for fun I put an application in to the rental agency. Am not holding my breath as there were a whole lotta people looking at it. Lots of lovely cosy couples. Eeeew. Plus, you have to move in on Wednesday or something silly like that and I just won't pay rent in 2 places. Call me cheap. So we'll see what the agency says, but my search will continue! Otherwise I'll renew the one here another 6 months, if I can. Now that I have the little scooter, I can get out and have a look at some neighbourhoods a bit further away. Well, not too far. It's only a little scooter. And what if I need to take a cab ever????

The weather has been pretty gross lately. Ahhhhh, it's the middle of summer. Being hot and gross is its job I guess. So far I'm doing ok compared to last year where I honestly thought I'd die because of the heat and humid combo. So far so good. But apparently it's been pretty cool so far, or so the locals all say. It's like they're waiting for the furnace to get turned up. Yeah, like this 90+ with 75% humidity isn't bad enough. Ugh. I could run the a/c and pay a fortune for the comfort, but am trying to be tough like the locals. Not everything is air-conditioned here, like houses, so you just have to be tough and take lots of cool showers.

And that's about it really. Pretty exciting quitting that job and getting the little scooter. I'll have to remember to bring my camera with me more often now................! And if anyone wants to come down for a visit, no you can't have a ride around the block on the little scooter. Well, maybe. Not unless you know what you're doing. Gloria can have a ride. She inspired me to get it. Thanks man! Hope you're all well up there!!!!!!

BYE!
J!

P.S. Yes. I know. I'll be careful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you have to name the scooter. Something fun... but please not Scooter. Cars here are all female. Not sure if that carries over in the Southern hemisphere. We suggest any of the following. The Silver Bullet, Ralph, or Sir Scoots-Alot.

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...