Monday, April 28, 2014

A Moving Invasion of Cleanliness and Paint!

Ferry ride from Wellington to Picton 2011......!
Hi!

Well. Here we are. Slightly late but am here! Whew! What a busy time. Thankfully had all those extra days off to get stuff done. And thankfully too the weather has been really nice. But we're here now, birds are happy out there twittering away because we've had a little tiny bit of rain and it's still cooling off (more or less, it will for reals...... eventually). I love any season here that isn't summer.......! Have the excellent tunes as usual, tho it's the Paris radio station this time, have a super nice, cool glass of the stand-by sauvingon blanc, Kona is climbing all over Box Mountain in the kitchen (including a couple of empty ones just to keep it interesting) - yes, life is good!

My computer looks hollow......So work. Yep. Is good. All caught up with all the little things that sometimes like to get away while I'm being snowed under. So it was good that most folks took the extra days off in between holidays which meant the office was pretty quiet - got lots of stuff done. Still with a few things to do tho, which is always nice, but not rushed off mah feet. And, well, that's really it! No gripes - ah-mazing! Yes, working for a company that can get its act together now and then can be pretty good - who knew?!

And then there was the weekend....... Felt more like they were a couple of nice, long weekends which has been totally swell for getting stuff done without having to rush home and kill myself in the evenings after work. And man, has there been lots to do - for such a small apartment with zero storage, who knew?! Have been buuuuusy with spot-painting, cleaning, packing - all the usual moving crap. It's great in a way tho - going through and throwing stuff out, giving stuff away - streamlining, tho there King of Box Mountain!wasn't that much to streamline. In fact, I had to have a guy come pick up mah poor dead, not-even-four-years-old TV because, hell, who'd move a dead 42' plasma TV, an ooooold DVD player, a dead laptop battery, and a little portable DVD player?! There's more I could do but will wait til am in the new place to really have a look at what's left and toss or sell stuff - am in no rush or pain to hang on to some of the stuff... Hate to dump stuff that I could easily sell (now that I have the hang of this eBay business!)...... and the movers come Friday so don't want to make hasty decisions... Tho maybe that would be a good thing.....? Am determined not to collect crap just because I'll have more space! But yes, pulling everything out of the cupboards has been good and an education - who knew mice were so active in the outer reaches in back of the cupboards? I had no idea. Glad they didn't eat mah food - just the bottom of one of the crappy curtains that came with the little place and some Ziploc bags......

Oh yeah, and in between all the packing and cleaning fun the real estate had
The Palace gates!
an open house (or a "viewing" as the locals creepily put it) on Saturday morning, so I went to hide outside downstairs while folks tromped through mah little place, with boxes piled up as neat as I could get them..... They had something like 11 people through but only one real application has been submitted... The agency is reluctant to rent to the applicant tho, just because it's a husband and wife and their four year-old. HA! I personally don't see a problem with it.....! So they're going to have another open house tomorrow while I'm at work (eeeeeeeek!)..... Part of me wants to tell the real estate to drop dead and leave me alone until Monday when I hand them the keys back, but part of me says who cares and just hope someone rents it soon. Poor Kona - the little illegal stowaway. I'll just be happy when this is all over with!!!!!!

And really, that's about that. Busy getting stuff together for moving, cleaning, that's pretty much all it's been for about a week now. You haven't missed a thing!

Oh, wait - I know one thing - I bought my plane ticket to come visit! For some reason $2,000 magically, suddenly, dropped off the price so I totally had to buy it. Awesome! So, for folks who'll be around and available - I'll see you soon!!!!! Yay! But if we don't catch up, once I get that spare bed, c'mon down, stay in comfort - with no possums!

BYE!
J!
Happy Milton resident! ('Burb next to mine)!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...